Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Dreaming of Reality

So I was talking with my co-worker today and we were talking about my seemingly lacksidasical demeanor the past couple of days. In the midst of our conversation she said something that turned on the proverbial light bulb in my head. She said "I don't dream the same anymore."



To provide some background context to our conversation we were talking about doing the things we (I) want to do and how the best way to do something is to just do it. So here goes my thoughts on the above quote.



When I was small, like 7 or 8 I used to have these dreams, in my dreams I would go outside into my parents yard and there was this hole, I would go into this hole to Hell and in Hell I would save people's souls. This dream as you could imagine scared the bejesus out of me and I used to wake up at night crying scared. As I grew older and became more "religiously trained" I thought of this dream to be my destination that I would literally save people from Hell. Now, that I am "spiritually aware" of myself and my surroundings I see it more as I am just a vessle that allows others the opportunity to see God through me, I don't have to save them or convince them of anything, just show them the God in me.



About a year or so before my son was conceived I would have dreams of him. I dreamed of both my grandmother's being in the presence of Jesus (in separate occasions along with myself being there with them) I've also had a dream that I was in heaven. My point is I'm a spiritual person and I've on more than one occasion seen and felt the spirit of God. I've also dreamed of myself performing in front of large crowds at various places such as arenas, clubs, and places of that nature. But lately, I haven't been dreaming for a while. I haven't seen much good in myself or my abilities for quite some time. Even when people pay me compliments on my poetry, my music or my blog I don't exactly know how to accept those things and I find myself belittling myself in these situations.



To me dreams always mean something, they may not always be literal interpretations of what is in the dream but they do have meaning. Don't get so consumed in dreaming that you forget to live life because like I've been told time and time again, we have the ability to speak life or death into existence, maybe we have the ability to dream things into existence as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment