Monday, April 9, 2012

30 Poems, 30 Days - Day 5

Beauty Within

I want to make you feel beautiful
Like portraits of the abstract
Like poetry in its purity
Like seeing God in children

Beautiful,
Like stars being aligned,
Your magnetic pull makes my sun
Orbit around your Earth
Causing shifts in my planetary design
Your waves crash
My sea shores reminding me
You're forever engraved
In my memory banks
And you make me rise like high tide

I want you to feel sexy,
Like the way you sip wine
Or how your clothes fit so fine

I want you to feel sexy
Like unspoken lines,
Or the right compliment at the right time
When I say I want to see you naked
I'm not asking you to take your clothes off
Though it is much appreciated

I want you to feel sexy in your vulnerability
Let me caress your self doubt into self affirmation
I want to explore your body's wonderland
Find the buried treasures
That make you feel beautiful

Like chord progressions,
Like love songs,
Like fore play

Let me play for you
Songs that make your heart open
The touch that makes your mind wander

Wondering how I know where you like to be touched
Its kinetic energy

I'm drawn to you like you're my canvas
And I'm your pen
You'll be my greatest work
I'll call you my Starry Night,
Then cut off my ear
If that means you'll feel beautiful

Like portraits of the abstract,
Like poetry in its purity
Like seeing God,
Beautiful

No comments:

Post a Comment